• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Modifying previous (non Visual Building) Plans 13 Jul 2015 13:53 #2235

The Lite version is no longer available.

You can download and try all the versions, they will each run in parallel and each have their own trial period.

Modifying previous (non Visual Building) Plans 13 Jul 2015 12:58 #2233

• John Banks
  • John Banks's Avatar Topic Author
I'm away most of this week, but I'll probably download one of the versions on trial next week to play around with it a bit; I've tried a few other bits of software but I didn't feel they could produce planning standard plans for me. Which version should I download? Can I trial the Premium version and then just buy the basic? And what is the Lite version that is referenced to in places, there's no price for that?

Modifying previous (non Visual Building) Plans 12 Jul 2015 19:00 #2231

You can import your plan as a bmp or jpg file into Visual Building, then scale it and the use it to trace your wall placements, door and window placements. Its not automatic, but its a fast way to get your drawing back to an editable format. To achieve this, you would only need Visual Building Basic.

If you had a DWG / DXF format plan you could have used Visual Building Professional to import that plan.

If you need to Export at a later date to DWG / DXF (to use in AutoCAD) then you would need Visual Building Premium.

Here is a video demonstrating the steps:

Modifying previous (non Visual Building) Plans 12 Jul 2015 16:46 #2230

• John Banks
  • John Banks's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

A couple of years ago I had some plans drawn up on Autocad, but I never went ahead with the work at that time.

I'm currently considering submitting an application, but I've lost track of the guy who did the work previously, and I'd like to make a few changes to the plans. Rather than start from scratch, would it be relatively straightford to import the plans I have (they're PDFs but I can easily convert them to JPGs), make the modifications, and produce something good enough to get through Planning Permission and Building Control?

If I was looking to do this, which of your products would best suit my needs?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds