• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Fire Escape Plans 29 May 2015 09:28 #2181

Please ignore the aove as I've found that the catalogue is a paid for addition.

Re: Fire Escape Plans 29 May 2015 09:26 #2180

I would like to try the fire escape catalogue but the link in this article doesn't work. Could you post where I can find the latest fire plan catalogue please?

I need things like direction arrows, etc.

admin wrote: First you must give Visual Building Administrator rights to write to the catalogue folder.

If you have not given Visual Building sufficient Administrator rights then the file will be saved in the virtual store (due to Windows's UAC), or any other non protected area that you choose.

To raise Visual Building's admin rights: right click on either visualbuilding.exe or its entry in the Start menu, and select Run as administrator. The UAC will then allow Visual Building to save in the protected C:/Program Files/Visual Building

When you wish to save a file to the catalogue, select Catalog tab in the File dialog, then navigate to Graphics2D folder, anf then Fire Escape Folder. Save your file here (or create a new folder) and the object will then appear in the catalogue, after refreshing the catalogue (close and then open any folder).

This applies to all versions of Visual Building. It also applies to saving both 3D and 2D objects into the installed catalogue.

Please note that the Fire Escape Plan catalogue is an extra add on catalogue.

Additional Information concering the location of the Fire Escape Catalogue files:

The fire escape catalogue consists of 2D objects and template project files.

The Template project files will be located in C:\Program Files\Visual Building Premium 4 \Projects. These can be loaded as a new project.

The 2D symbols are located in the 2D Symbol tab within the catalogue.

Re: Fire Escape Plans 02 Aug 2013 10:23 #880

First you must give Visual Building Administrator rights to write to the catalogue folder.

If you have not given Visual Building sufficient Administrator rights then the file will be saved in the virtual store (due to Windows's UAC), or any other non protected area that you choose.

To raise Visual Building's admin rights: right click on either visualbuilding.exe or its entry in the Start menu, and select Run as administrator. The UAC will then allow Visual Building to save in the protected C:/Program Files/Visual Building

When you wish to save a file to the catalogue, select Catalog tab in the File dialog, then navigate to Graphics2D folder, anf then Fire Escape Folder. Save your file here (or create a new folder) and the object will then appear in the catalogue, after refreshing the catalogue (close and then open any folder).

This applies to all versions of Visual Building. It also applies to saving both 3D and 2D objects into the installed catalogue.

Please note that the Fire Escape Plan catalogue is an extra add on catalogue.

Additional Information concering the location of the Fire Escape Catalogue files:

The fire escape catalogue consists of 2D objects and template project files.

The Template project files will be located in C:\Program Files\Visual Building Premium 4 \Projects. These can be loaded as a new project.

The 2D symbols are located in the 2D Symbol tab within the catalogue.

Fire Escape Plans 02 Aug 2013 10:15 #879

I'm creating my own symbols to insert into my fire escape plan. I follow the examples and tutorials, and everything appears to work except the 2D objects are not appearing in the catalogue together with the existing objects.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds