• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Floor & Ceiling Joists? 15 Feb 2017 08:23 #2702

3D solids and the requested cube can be found in your 3D objects catalogue,

Folder: MISC - Basic forms

regards

Thomas

Floor & Ceiling Joists? 14 Feb 2017 15:01 #2699

Can you do this in Basic? Wher do I find the 3D cube object, please?

Many thanks!

Kathryn

admin wrote: The floor (or ceiling) construction does allow you to define solid floors, but at the moment this does not include any joist construction. You can however very easily insert joists.....

In the above project, I used a 3d cube object, resized it to my joist size, positioned it in the 2D view, and then set is height. After placing the first joist, I then used the mufti copy tool (right click on the joist) to repeat 12 joist at 0.50m spacing. The top 3D view shows the joists with ceilings disabled, and the lower view includes the ceiling.

You could create your own library of joist sizes if you wish, but its so easy to create a joist.

Floor & Ceiling Joists? 07 Nov 2013 12:04 #1034

• Andrew Fiddian-Green
  • Andrew Fiddian-Green's Avatar Topic Author
Perfect! Thank you.

Floor & Ceiling Joists? 07 Nov 2013 09:37 #1033

The floor (or ceiling) construction does allow you to define solid floors, but at the moment this does not include any joist construction. You can however very easily insert joists.....

In the above project, I used a 3d cube object, resized it to my joist size, positioned it in the 2D view, and then set is height. After placing the first joist, I then used the mufti copy tool (right click on the joist) to repeat 12 joist at 0.50m spacing. The top 3D view shows the joists with ceilings disabled, and the lower view includes the ceiling.

You could create your own library of joist sizes if you wish, but its so easy to create a joist.

Floor & Ceiling Joists? 07 Nov 2013 09:16 #1032

• Andrew Fiddian-Green
  • Andrew Fiddian-Green's Avatar Topic Author
Perhaps I have overlooked something, but I don't seem to be able to find a way to design the joists in wooden floors / ceilings.

Apparently you can design the layers (ceiling plaster board, wood, floor boards). But the middle layer "wood" (i.e. the structural joists) don't seem to allow any detail of the joist widths, spacing or direction. Or am I missing something here?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds