• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New building Room Boundary issues 25 Jul 2015 20:25 #2260

• John Banks
  • John Banks's Avatar Topic Author
I had already seen that thread and I've been very specific in how I've placed the boundary. The frustrating part is that it is there one minute, and then I change something else that I have to (like floor height or construction) and then it has gone.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the other walls, as I checked by putting in an ordinary wall and the room appears every time.

There's nothing to the project at the moment really, just a very basic house that I'm trying to add some existing extensions to and am falling at the first hurdle so far, but I'll try the glass wall or cut out wall first and see how that works rather than emailing it just at the moment. Many thanks for the offer and I'll bear it in mind if I continue to have issues with this particular matter.

New building Room Boundary issues 25 Jul 2015 20:12 #2259

Please see this topic on the Room Boundary (if not seen already) It describes exactly how the room boundary must connect to a wall.

I suggest you email us your project so that we may examine what you are doing wrong. Previous problems with the Room Boundary turned out not to be a problem with the Room Boundary but with the existing wall connections that it was being connected to. If you have bad wall connections within your project unpredictable things as you describe will occur.

Your approach in using a cut out or glass wall is correct, but depends on the project, so let us see your project so that we can advise. Send to customercare(at)visualbuilding.co.uk

New building Room Boundary issues 25 Jul 2015 19:54 #2258

• John Banks
  • John Banks's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

I've tried my best to get through without having to post again, but I've found various posts and I've been very specific about placing the room boundaries, but I've wasted the best part of a day doing stuff and then losing it and having to start from a previous version and so on. Is the room boundary function particularly temperamental? The building I'm trying to create has 4 separate parts that I'm trying to replicate, using a separate building for each. They have different roof types and different floor levels, and so I figured that a new building for each part was the way to go.

However, I've had nothing but trouble with the room boundary feature. I add a new building, add the walls, then the room boundary which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When I finally do get it to work, I do more stuff like add extra floor and adjust heights and stuff and then the room boundary isn't working and I've not got a room name any more and I've suddenly got a grass floor. This has happened numerous times as I try to adjust things to represent the existing structure of the property.

I've seen there are other options like putting in an ordinary wall and changing its material to glass, or making a big cut-out in it, is that the best option given the problems I'm having with the room boundary function? If I do this, would I simply place the 4th wall of the room in exactly the same position as the wall of building 1, with the same dimensions, and then change its material?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds