• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Using mixed wall types 19 Aug 2015 10:09 #2313

You have Create automatic ceiling switched on, which does not work so well with mixed wall types.

Switch this off and draw your ceiling manually using Building - Ceiling - Insert with polygon tool.

You will need to add your own stair well, using the ceiling cut out tool.
Attachments:

Using mixed wall types 18 Aug 2015 20:29 #2312

Thanks for you help with this issue.

I think i have now got most of the issues resolved and have room labels showing up for each of the rooms.

I created a Room Boundary layer and added the Room 4 to this. I then created another layer for the utility room which is for rooms 1, 5, 6

The issue i now come across is when you look at the plan in 3D with the ceiling turned on only 1/2 the building show it.

Kind Regards
Jamie
Attachments:

Using mixed wall types 18 Aug 2015 14:20 #2311

Jamie, Looking at your project (via email) I can see your problem. In fact there are several problems and as you guessed all relate to the use of the room boundary.

Your Timber walls and Solid walls are placed correctly on different lays, but your attempt to join them using the room boundary failed. The room boundary must be on the same layer as the wall it is trying to connect. Sometimes when it is difficult to make a connect, place the room boundary on its own layer

This is more obvious if I hide the Timber wall layer. I suspect you were also trying to include Room 2 and Room 3 within the room boundary, which would not work. Where you have a situation I suggest you make a new layer just for the room boundary an make an entire room out of the room boundary to ensure you have a good connection:

With the timber wall hidden so you can see more clearly.

To reverse a window direction, select the window, right click on the window and from context menu select Change Opening Direction

Also when you see this diagonal on a wall it is an indication that the wall is not correct. It best to delete the wall and redraw while holding the Ctrl key down.

Sometimes its also better to treat past extensions as separate buildings. You can think of a new building as just a layer.
Attachments:

Using mixed wall types 18 Aug 2015 13:55 #2310

I don't know what i am doing wrong but within the attached project i am having issues getting the boundaries to work. I have searched some of the articles in the forum but have not found one that helps resolve the issues i am having.

Would it be possible to look at the ground floor and suggest what i am doing wrong so i can the correct on the other floors.

All my walls butt up as they are timber frame connected to a brick wall. I have put these on different layers and then tried to make a boundary on first the layer that has the brick wall, tracing the internal side of the timber frame to the opposite brick wall internal corner. I have also tried the outside of the timber frame but both don't give the outcome I would expect.

Should you be able to get the same automatic room label on the same layer?

Also there is a room 3 label on the side of the building that i can't get rid of?

I know i have draw the windows the wrong way round. Is there any way to rotate these without having to delete and redraw them?

I guess when i get the room boundary issue resolved it will fix the issue of the walls pooping through the roof.

JC via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds