• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sloping Roof 11 Sep 2015 10:33 #2333

Very easy to do in Visual Building.....

Notice that the front and rear extensions are created as separate buildings.

You will need to use the Room Boundary wall to complete the addition front and rear buildings, if you want the extensions to share an existing wall of the main building.

There are several examples in the Visual Building Training Course manual that show how to add such extensions.

I also attach the project I quickly created, which is similar to your Sketchup example.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

After applying a roof to the rear or front extension, you should select and set 3 sides to be gable ends, and the slopped roof should be a hipped roof, with the desired roof pitch.

You have the option to add the roof to Upper floor 1 (as I did) or Upper floor 2.
Attachments:

Sloping Roof 10 Sep 2015 20:51 #2332

• Jamie Cox
  • Jamie Cox's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Again

Either i am missing something or not quite understanding how to use the roof tool.

What i am trying to achieve is to put a sloping roof on the front and the back of my project. as per the crude mock up i did in sketch-up

All i seam to be able to do is add a gable or hip roof but not just a sloping one.

Is there any documentation on how to do this?

Kind Regards
Jamie
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds