• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subtraction models 14 Jan 2016 22:32 #2437

The 3D Convert method should work, but there is an easier way:

I created my .cyg model by:

1 creating a roof on a blank project
2. place sky light on roof
3. select only skylight
4. Use Export - 3D Format - 3D Object file, selecting only Selected objects

Should work with any object

A door object will only interact with a wall object. There is a section in the Training Course manual explaining door / window objects

Your work around should work, but it may be easy to create your own 2D door swing symbol.

Subtraction models 14 Jan 2016 16:52 #2436

Tried yours, worked ok, so repeated my process again saving as .cyg file to Catalog.
I gave the file it's own unique name this time within the 3D Converter (not its original catalog name, so I could distinguish it from the original cyg file I saved out) within the Catalog, and tried dragging it in. Worked ok this time (always the way), so suspect must have done something wrong the first time.

I assume that I can repeat this process with a Garage Door and Side Door (.cyg constructions) ?

With the side door however, how will I show it's opening direction on the 2D plan View I want to submit for my planning application, if its doesn't recognise it as a door (or will it). If I try to insert a door on the plan currently, it doesn't recognise it, because I don't have a wall there to insert it into (or is this the trick, insert a wall where the door should be and then insert a door ?), or draw the opening manually on the plan ?

Thanks again
Attachments:

Subtraction models 14 Jan 2016 15:18 #2435

If you cant drag the object from the catalogue its possible it has not been created correctly. All .cyg objects can be selected like this.

I attach a skylight i created from a standard skylight object for you to try.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Subtraction models 14 Jan 2016 14:54 #2434

I have saved out a Skylight (Velux Window) at the correct size (450mm x 550mm High) as a .cyg object, but would appreciate if you could demonstrate how to import this as an ordinary object (as you suggested) and place correctly on the roof (20deg slope).
Simply dragging the .cyg file from the catalog into the Project has no effect.

Subtraction models 13 Jan 2016 19:04 #2430

You need to set the cube property to cut objects / models on all layers:

You can build the skylights from scratch or export a skylight / window objects as a .cyg object, which you can then import as ordinary object and place as required.

The Surface area tool is best way to add a texture to the roof plane, but be sure to give it minimal thickness.
Attachments:

Subtraction models 13 Jan 2016 18:59 #2429

The Model attached is an extension of the earlier Project I was working on (which you've helped me out on), where I am now designing the Garage part using entirely the 3D construction tools. (Luv the Cut at Plane option by the way !!).

I have created and placed 3 Primitive Cubes, which I then converted to Subtraction Models, to cut through the Roof Plane (sheeting) at the correct position and angle. I am not achieving the desired effect (i.e still no holes in the Sheeting). Never had this problem in the past. If I move the Subtraction Models around slightly in the 2D view, they appear to Subtract the intersecting Roof Supports (as I would expect) but the Roof Sheeting still remains solid. Any Thoughts ??

I intend to add 3 Skylights, how I can I do this if the roof section is not recognised as a "Building" product.
Same Question applies to the Side & Main Garage Doors ?

The external roof Finish will be Shingle so I assume I will apply using a Surface element over the Plane and the apply a texture, is this still the best way ?

FYI, The External Finish still debating what I will actually use, Shiplap or even Shingle, but will apply using std Surface element over the Plane and the apply a texture.

Many Thanks if advance,

GD via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds