• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TRANSFER WALL PROPERTIES 11 Jan 2016 09:53 #2418

• John Cooke
  • John Cooke's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you. Very helpful and I now see the key differences.

John Cooke

TRANSFER WALL PROPERTIES 10 Jan 2016 11:46 #2417

In the project supplied, the properties are transferred correctly. BUT most of the properties for these two walls are the same so I'm not sure what your intention was. The height property does change, as it was different. You can test this by making the target wall thicker and then transferring the property, and then the target wall assumes the same thickness as the source wall.

The only other difference in the wall is the texture/material, which you will notice is not in the walls property list. (which after re-reading your question you did refer to) . The references to colour material etc refer to line colour / style in 2D view- not 3D view. I will clarify this in the documentation.

If you want to transfer the material properties of a wall in a 3D view, then you must use the tool:
3D Functions - Edit - Transfer material

For more complex material/texture fills of walls use the Surface Area tool.

Attachments:

TRANSFER WALL PROPERTIES 09 Jan 2016 13:55 #2416

• John Cooke
Thank you for taking the time to help. I have attached the project file. I look forward to you being able to help me with this problem.

John Cooke

TRANSFER WALL PROPERTIES 09 Jan 2016 13:31 #2415

Please attach or email me the actual project, so I can see if I can repeat your experience. If you created own wall layer also send that.

TRANSFER WALL PROPERTIES 08 Jan 2016 17:15 #2413

I just went throiugh the documentation and have tested and expanded it in places where I think it was needed.:

Since each object defines itself which of its properties can be copied, the content of the ‘
Transfer Properties’ dialog varies.

By default all properties are activated. If you wish make a more precise selection you can make use of the usual characteristics of the tree structure. If you wish to copy only the object file, deactivate first the topmost entry ‘All Properties’, and then subsequently activate only the object file. This way you need only two mouse clicks to select the desired properties, and all other properties do not have to be deactivated individually.
With the ‘Next button you can proceed to the next step.
Selecting target Objects.
The choice of objects which are to receive the selected properties, is performed either with reference to one or more layers, or by selecting an individual object manually, if this option is activated, using the ‘Manual target selection’ radio button option.
Selecting Objects manually
A click on the ‘by target selection’ button first closes the ‘Select target Objects’ dialog, in order to show the plan again and to allow access to the individual objects. The objects are then selected with a mouse click. ‘Target objects’ are highlighted in green in all views. If the source object does not turn green then you have not been successful in selecting a source object.

Note that the status bar displays each step as you perform it.

Note that in some cases such as a wall layer selection, it might not be obvious that the source object is green, because it is already red having been selected.

Note: A possible cause for not being able to select an object may be due to the object type being deselected from the General Settings – Selection dialog. To activate this right click on the Grid Icon and in the dialog select Selection, and ensure all the desired object are selected.

Note: Many objects may appear non selectable because they are in fact on a different layer to the current layer.

It will be obvious at the next step that a valid source object has not been selected, because the software will complain that no valid source object has been selected.

A further mouse click on a selected object toggles its selection status.

The manual source target selection must be terminated with the ‘Enter’ key.

The previous dialog ‘Select target objects’ then reappears.

In a similar way you must now select the target object(s) that you wish to copy the properties to. So again click in the by target selection button and this time click on each target object. Each selected target object will turn green.

The target process is terminated with the ‘Finish’ button and the properties are copied.

Remember you can only copy properties of objects to the same object type, i.e. you cannot copy the properties of a windows to a wall.

This edit will appear in the next documentation update.

TRANSFER WALL PROPERTIES 08 Jan 2016 15:27 #2412

• John Cooke
I am having an issue transferring wall properties. I have followed the following procedure as detailed in paragraph 14.12 of the manual. I have selected the wall; clicked on transfer; clicked all; manual transfer - selected the wall I wish to change and hit enter followed by finish. Nothing happens.

As I am new to visual building I assume I am doing something wrong. Can you please help.

John Cooke
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds