• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ceiling Help 10 Apr 2016 17:28 #2522

• Amelia_Customercare
Hi Luke,

Please see the attached project.

What have done is the following:

1.Deleted Current roof that was on the ground floor layer.

2. Created a new Roof on a New Layer (Right Click on Ground Floor > Add New Layer.

3.Renamed New Layer To Roof

4.In order to remove the Beams/Rafter, Select the roof by double left clicking the roof in the 2D mode.
In the Roof Construction dialog > Expand General > You can Unchecked all the roof Construction elements you wish not to be shown e.g Collar beams.

I have also added a wall Cutout so you can control the height of your wall cut out between the rooms . Double Left click the cutout area in 2D mode to active this dialog.

I have Added your project files with the amendments.

Kind Regards,
Customer Care

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Ceiling Help 09 Apr 2016 10:06 #2521

Hi thanks for your reply. The pictures you show are pretty much what I am trying to achieve but I am still struggling to achieve it following the instructions, it just doesn't seem to want to work for me... (I am still pretty new to all this).

I've attached the file that I am currently working on and trying to achieve panelling on the roof and was wondering if you could have a quick look to see if I am making an obvious mistake? I think I have constructed the building and roof correctly, after watching all the video tutorials. I will be adding windows etc. after I have achieved this...

This attachment is hidden for guests.

This message has an attachment file.

Ceiling Help 31 Mar 2016 10:24 #2511

Hi Luke ,

Thank you for your question.

Yes you can cover the interior of the pitched roof with " Wall panelling".
To do this right click your Floor on the Projects dialog on the right of the screen.

Select Properties

In the Floor properties dialog that appears, input your Wall paneling depth.
Your Roof Trusses should now be concealed.

Alternatively you can toggle on and off the Trusses from the top horizontal menu, toggle roof construction on/off button.

Regards,

Customer Care
Attachments:

Ceiling Help 29 Mar 2016 09:51 #2510

Hi.

Wondering if anyone can help? I am currently in the process of redesigning the interior of part of a house. The part is a single storey extension with a pitched roof. I am trying to open up the ceiling into the roof/ pitch space and subsequently insert some roof lights (velux type windows). I've drawn/ built the building and roof but cant seem to find a way to cover the pitch inside the roof with something like a plaster board texture, all I can seem to get is the roof trusses uncovered. Obviously I want to show how this will look in 3d prior to commencing any works.

I've watched all the tutorials etc. but still struggling. Any help will be much appreciated!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds