• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Solar Roof Template 22 Oct 2014 11:58 #1772

I assume that you followed this video:

To insert a gable into a roof line I added an additional parrall guideline so that I could use to step out a section of the roof surface that I could add a gable to. See videio time frame 2:50

This is now explained in the Visual Building Training Course

Solar Roof Template 22 Oct 2014 11:48 #1771

• Dean French
  • Dean French's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks i can change the gables and pitch ok its just understanding how the polygonal contour tool works and when and why you click from the different guide lines, because i need a gable at the other end of this roof too dead opposite

Solar Roof Template 22 Oct 2014 11:36 #1770

Your project has a problem with the end gable wall:

Zoomed in:

So when you add a roof using the selected contour tool you will get a roof corruption. This problem is norammly the result of a wall connection not being correct, and can be nornally rectifoed by deleting one or both walls and redrawing.

If you use Insert roof on polygonal contour this should ignore the wall corruption:

To add the left gable end:

Double click on the roof to activate the Rood Construction dialog.
Click on the 3D button
Select the roof side to edit
Then select Gale for this roof side.

Change the Pitch of each roof side again from the Rooof Construction dialog - 3D View

Solar Roof Template 22 Oct 2014 10:01 #1769

• Dean French
  • Dean French's Avatar Topic Author
im trying to copy this roof and this is what i got so far tks

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Solar Roof Template 22 Oct 2014 09:15 #1767

Please give me dimensions of your hip roof and I can demo how to create such a roof and add to your roof templates

Solar Roof Template 22 Oct 2014 09:00 #1765

We will also soon include an improved set of standard roofs- but with so many roof styles it is a necessary feature that Solar installers can add their own roof styles.

Any project that is saved in the following path will automatically appear in the start up carosel, providing that it also has a .jpg image file of the same name to display. You can also remove the unwanted projects from this path so that they do not appear:

C:\Program Files\Visual Building Premium 5\Projects

To edit any existing example roof template:
  1. Load it from the example carosel.
  2. View both the 2D and 3D view by selecting View - Vertical
  3. In the 2D view, you can now select the roof and use the normal roof editing tools to change uts size and pitch.
  4. The roof sides can be adjusted by dragging the roof points to new positions.
  5. Save the project with a new file name in the samme path that the file was loaded from.
Note that you must assign to save to this path.
[/ol]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds