• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Compass Position 23 Apr 2012 16:15 #238

The compass can be moved. It lives on the Environment layer. To move the compass:

1. Make sur your 2D View is yor current selected view.
2. Select the Environment to be your current layer (right click on Environment and select Select as Current element)
3. You will now find that you can select and drag the compass arround the 2D view. Its position will also change in the 3D view.

If you mean you want to replace the compass image with another this is more than a 2D image because it also exists in the 3D view as a 3D object. This is a 3D object called NorthArrow.cyg and lives at C:\Program Files\Visual Building Pro\Program\Data You can edit / replace this using the 3D Converter, but you must be sure you retain the currect orientation and similar size.

The same applies to the Origin object called Origin.cyg at the same location.

Note 3D Converter is available in Visual Building Professional and upwards.

Hiding the compass
If you wish to show the enviroment layer, but not the compass, then:

1. Right click on 2D view, and int the context menu select Visibility
2. In the Visible categories tree - Help Elements, switch off North Arrow (and Origin too if you dont need it)

Applicable to all versions

Compass Position 23 Apr 2012 16:05 #237

HI: I'm not happy about not being able to change the position of the image of the compass arrow. I've made my own image as a jpeg, but can'f find a way of importing it. Advise please!

[Martin]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds