• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Merging Roofs- I keep getting walls outside of roof space 25 Apr 2020 11:04 #2849

Hi,

whenever a wall comes through a roof, the roof side is internally damaged and unable to cut the wall down.

In your example using two roofs and merging them is not best and not necessary for several reasons.

Such a roof should be inserted as one polygonal piece, with a small step in the outer contour to create an additional roof side for the gable end.

A small step here means, that I have forced the roof to create an additional roof side by extending the roof polygon at the gable end 3cm away from the wall outline.

Attached a screenshot in which I have marked this 3 cm step and your project file with this new roof in it.

Thomas
Attachments:

Merging Roofs- I keep getting walls outside of roof space 25 Apr 2020 10:15 #2848

• D Cameron
  • D Cameron's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, here is another example of two gable end roofs being merged together , but walls of the upper floor just extend up on the outside of the roof AFTER the merger.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Merging Roofs- I keep getting walls outside of roof space 25 Apr 2020 09:46 #2847

• D Cameron
attachments

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Merging Roofs- I keep getting walls outside of roof space 25 Apr 2020 09:44 #2846

• D Cameron
HI, can someone tell me why, when I merge two gable end roofs , the walls of the attic come right through the roof.

I have tried closing down programme and starting again, deleting attic and starting again but it keeps doing it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds