• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Saving Window Construction 31 Mar 2016 11:26 #2512

This effects Window 10 users only.

This is a result of Windows 10 having changed their User controls post update.
To resolve the above issue you will need to grant full access to these folders will grant you permission to save in these folders.

Please be advice this is at user discretion to follow the steps below as this is a Windows 10 issue effecting Visual Building:

1.Locate and Right click on the following folder C:\Program Files\Visual Building
2. Select Properties
3. Click the Security tab
4. From list of Users, select your User you are working under
5. Underneath click the To Change permissions Click Edit Button
6. Once again ensure your current Users is selected from the list
7. Check Full Control check box
8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.

Regards,

Customer Care

Saving Window Construction 24 Mar 2016 18:32 #2504

• Robert Lee
  • Robert Lee's Avatar Topic Author
As a new comer I wonder if anyone can help with this. I've been trying to create a sliding patio door using the window construction tool. I've followed the video as far as I can tell exactly - other than my window is a two panel rather than the four panel demonstrated. However, every time I try to save I get an error message headed, 'Door- and window construction' with a yellow triangle underneath containing an exclamation mark. There is an OK button, which gets rid of the box, but without saving my construction. Anyone know what this error box means, and what I may be doing wrong?

Update:
Just to add to the above I've found that I can save a constructed Window to a new Folder that I create in the documents area. However I cannot then select the window to place in a wall, ie you can only seem to select windows from the predefined folder, there is no option to switch folder. Is this then a write access problem to the predefined window folder? I assume this write access should of been granted as part of the Premium edition download as this is the only version that uses it?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds