• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Log Cabin Walls 21 Dec 2015 16:43 #2399

• JOHN GOWLAND
  • JOHN GOWLAND's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I deleted it, so I will try again and send screen shots,
Kind regards, John

Log Cabin Walls 21 Dec 2015 13:44 #2398

Can you email me the 2D profile (or load it here), so I can see what may be wrong. If it does not look like 3D log what you expected in the 3D view what does it look like? Please send screen shot, so I can advise.

Log Cabin Walls 21 Dec 2015 13:39 #2397

• JOHN GOWLAND
Hi, I am drawing the log profile in 2D & Layout, polygon mode but am confused as to how to make it a solid object, I am using construction, extrude solid, but the object doesn't look anything like a log, can you help?
Kind regards, John

Log Cabin Walls 21 Dec 2015 11:17 #2396

Then follow the example in the Training Course chapter 28 Timber Cabins and ask here if you have any more specific questions. There is also Chapter 34 Advanced 3D Editing tools which will help with the process.
If you are building many different such cabins using standard components then you can save an entire wall as an object to be used in another project. This way you build up your own catalogue of components.

Log Cabin Walls 21 Dec 2015 10:12 #2395

• JOHN GOWLAND
Hi, Thanks for the reply,

My log profile is very similar to the one in the diagram, size is 125mm depth x 44mm thickness.

Log Cabin Walls 21 Dec 2015 08:49 #2393

There is an example in the Visual Building Training Course

This example uses a rectangular keyed profile log. Let me have your log profile and I can demonstrate.
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds