• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wont run ! 31 Mar 2016 19:32 #2513

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it didn't work. I attempted to download twice with both realtime scanning and firewall off. In both cases the program refused to launch after installation. I added Visual Building to the list of McAfee apps with netguard off and full internet access enabled (the link you provided) but still won't launch.

When I uninstall it appears that not all components are removed from my system. Is there something I need to remove to enable a clean re-install? Is there a Windows firewall I need to turn off in addition to McAfee? Or can you supply the software on DVD-ROM the old fashioned way? I'm starting to run ideas - i'm persevering because I at least know i've managed to get it running once, albeit only for a couple of weeks.

thanks,
Tony

wont run ! 28 Mar 2016 17:54 #2508

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your description.

The McAfee Virus scanner and firewall should only be disabled when the Visual Building product installer program is being downloaded.
You shouldn't have to keep it switched off permanently we do not advise this.

It seems to me with the information provided McAfee is treating Visual Building as a threat and not allowing it to load If that is indeed the case I am hoping the below instructions could
resolve the issue.

Its a link to create an exception rule for McAfee so it doesn't flag Visual Building as a threat.

service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/h...state%3D7hu9zy504_49

Please let me know how you get on,

Amelia

wont run ! 27 Mar 2016 19:42 #2507

The software installs, gets to the final window ("Do you want to launch now"), and when I click OK the popup vanishes and nothing else happens. There is no request for a license key and no error message. If I try to run the software by clicking on the desktop icon, again, nothing happens (although task manager does show a process running).

I've tried downloading and installing with McAfee real time scanning off, running in admin mode, and I even tried downloading onto a memory stick using my work laptop (different security) but no joy. On the VB forum the general advice appears to be to turn off virus checking. Can you be more specific? Is this for the download or the install? Also, are we talking about virus scan or firewall? (I haven't tried the download with firewalls disabled yet - maybe I try this yet). What bothers me is that I did have the software running but then it stopped (same symptom) as if the virus scan knobbles it. I don't really want to be operating my laptop with virus scanning and updates permanently off.

wont run ! 27 Mar 2016 11:16 #2506

Sadly I've been having problems with AVG and 3D max , in fact i had to do a clean install because of the anti virus update.

What could be happening is that your anti virus is picking the software up as a trojan, please see below.
www.visualbuilding.co.uk/forum/visual-bu...port-false-positives

Tony, what is happening ? does the software not run without any error messages? Is it asking for a new license key? If you provide me with more information I might be able to help.

Regards,
Customer Care

wont run ! 27 Mar 2016 10:27 #2505

This has also been driving me crazy. I've got a brand new laptop running Windows 10 and bog standard PC World McAfee security package. It took me ages to find the right combination of disabling various security to finally get it to run, and then after a couple of weeks of use the software stopped running. I have no idea why - maybe after a virus scan?

At the moment I am 150 out of pocket with nothing to show for it other than higher blood pressure.

wont run ! 15 Jan 2016 17:02 #2439

For what it is worth, I too had this problem on Windows 7, and found that my antivirus program (AVG Free) was preventing the installation but was silent about the fact. Turning off AVG during my install resolved the issue. I had no problem with AVG on my laptop running Windows 8.1 and installing Visual Building.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds