• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3ds import error message 10 Aug 2014 16:44 #1622

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
OK, picking up the threads after sorting other matter, I now have a .cyg model saved. Having experimented with several options, scaling made no sense to me so I have saved the model at 100/100%/100% to get a feel for the starting point, to see what sort of scaling needs to be applied.

However, I can't get out of the 3D converter. What do I do? I can't find an exit or close button, selecting other tabs doesn't help, and the manual makes no mention. Stuck!

I can's see how to import the .cyg either - the import function only offers me an option for 2D-DXF/DWG files....

3ds import error message 14 May 2014 21:06 #1471

The error is in the 3ds file. In Sketchup you must select Single model in the 3DS Export dialog. With this I was able to import the .3ds file and save as a .cyg file:

You will need to change the scale of the model, its orientation, and height on the floor, all within Visual Building Premium's 3D Converter tool. I cant put the object here for copyright reasons, but I will email it to you.
Attachments:

3ds import error message 14 May 2014 15:43 #1464

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Hi again!

The Freestanding Kitchen Co have given me access to their product range in .skp format, and I have saved a cabinet to .3ds format. However, I can't load iit nto Visual Bulilding - a very unexpected error message occurs, despite following the advice given in another forum thread.

What am I doing wrong this time? ;-)

Chris

Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds