• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Export 3D model Google Sketchup 15 Apr 2012 12:11 #193

• admin
Another example of exporting a Visual Building Project to Google Sketchup for use on Google Earth

Example project in Visual Building
This building was exported as a 3ds model, using Export/3D Formats/3DS Object. Note that you export only what is visible in the currecent 3D view.

Example Visual Building project imported into Google Sketchup

Note how the textures and architectural details are maintained within Sketchup.

Re: Export 3D model Google Sketchup 15 Apr 2012 10:05 #192

• admin
Visual Building Basic and upwards allows you to export your building as a .3ds model. This can be imported directly into Google SketchUp™, complete with textures and decrotative objects used. This can then be exported to Google Earth™ as a normal Google SketchUp™ model.

Example project in Visual Building
This building was exported as a 3ds model, using Export/3D Formats/3DS Object. Note that you export only what is visible in the currecent 3D view.

Example project in Google SketchUp™
The 3ds object was then imported into Google SketchUp™ using File/Import , and the all edges hidden.

When you export a .3ds object from Visual Building, you will also export all the internal wall structure, doors etc. If your intention is to display on Google Earth™, then you will not need this level of detail. You can therefore create a smaller model for Google Earth™by deleting the extra detail before your export.

This is applicable to all versions of Visual Building, except Visual Building Lite.

Here is a tutorial video:

Google SketchUp™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
Google Earth™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
Visual Building™ is a trademark of Visual Building Ltd

Export Visual Building 3D model to Google Sketchup 15 Apr 2012 09:42 #191

I have been using Google Sketchup to create my building profiles, but find I can create a more accurate plan using Visual Building. However I would still like to create a Google Sketchup model in order to map onto Google Earth. Is it possible to export a Visual Building project to Google Sketchup / Google Earth?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds