• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wall height and Gap 18 Jan 2014 12:56 #1197

Chris,

This is easier to understand if you draw a section through the building and create an elevation view. You will then see that although you have set the height of each wall to 2.04m, the actual floor to floor height is still set to 2.3m. If you right click on the Floor layer in the Project tree (Kitchen and Snug) and select Properties you will see where this 2.3m is set. Reduce this to 2.2 m and your gap will go.

Normally the wall height is calculated from the floor to floor height, but you can also adjust the height of each wall individually, (as you have done) which overrides its previous calculated height.

In the 3D view there is still a gap, but this is the ceiling slab, which is currently disabled in the view so you can see the internal. Enable Ceiling in the 3D view and the additional gap will also go.

Wall height 18 Jan 2014 12:46 #1196

Hi,

I am still not out of the pain with this building. When you returned it to me (Thanks!) it had a 100mm gap between the walls and the ceiling, seemingly because the virtual wall section was taller then the structure wall.

I have taken the whole building down in stages, but found no other clue and no way to limit the height of the virtual wall - I can't find any way to read its properties, let alone tweak them.

I have rebuilt the simplest model I can from the ground up, but now have the problem on both floors, so it transferred into the new floor.

Any thoughts you can offer would be great....

Thanks,

Chris via Email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds