• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eaves details 09 May 2014 13:42 #1448

Did you remember that to merge the roofs, they have to be on the same building, so in my demonstration project file that I sent you I transferred all the individual roofs to the long single story building Building 1. The roofs will then merge.

You can then lengthen the 2 story building and then adjust its roof, which is now part of the merged Building 1 roof:

I assumed this was the building section that you wanted to extend.
Attachments:

Eaves details 09 May 2014 12:19 #1447

• francis colborn-veitch
  • francis colborn-veitch's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, Thats great, thank you. However we then decided to increase the length of the two storey extension and I am unable to get the roof to merge. Could you please advise how I should achieve it.

Eaves details 08 May 2014 10:58 #1446

With reference to your emailed project, I can see several problems:

The roof structure appears to have been duplicated, and only the rafters relating to the original roof have been cut to the length defined by the overhang. This can be easily rectified by selecting each rafter showing excess length and deleteing it (use Delete key). (Note: such roof editing can only be achieved with Visual Building Premium).

There are several other problems in the project... Buildings 1 to 4 are not complete, you can tell this because they have no floor and you can see the grass base.

This is easily recified by placing a virtual wall using the Room Boundary wall type.

I then created each roof on its respective building, then transferred all roofs to be on the same layer as the Building 1 roof and was then able to merge the roofs (Visual Building Premium feature). The result is as follws. You can still edit the individual roof sections,

Note that the roof merge feature is a feature of Visual Building Premium.
Attachments:

Eaves details 08 May 2014 10:46 #1445

• francis colborn-veitch
  • francis colborn-veitch's Avatar Topic Author
the traditional eaves in my area has no overhang at all. Although I am able to get the roof coverings to conform to this detail I cannot get the rafters to do likewise. Could you advise where I can achieve this?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds