• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Building Cost Estimate 16 Feb 2015 14:27 #2023

You can export all details of your project using the report found in the Quantities tab. This tab is located next to the Catalog / Projects tab at the bottom of the right hand panel.

This will produce a report list every Roon, Wall, Door , Window etc together with together with length, area and volume data.

You can then export this data as text or .xls format which would then allow you to apply your own costs to calculate a total cost. You can get an approximation of your cost based on the floor and wall areas that you have created, and details such as cost of doors, windows etc.

You dont mention labour, but again you can estimate the labour cost to build 1 square meter brick wall, or internal stud wall.

Once you have the data in Excel, then the level of detail is determined by you.

Applicable to all versions Visual Building

Building Cost Estimate 16 Feb 2015 14:16 #2022

Im looking to cost out my house design to be sure it is is within my budget. I have used your Visual Building Premium trial version to design my house, and I am very pleased with the result.

I have also experimented with other self builder costing software (HXBL and Easy Price Pro) and found both ofthese to be too expensive and OTT for my requirements. The 2D design software that they use is not in the same league as your own!

Could you advise how I could achieve an approximate cost for my building. For example is there anyway that I can export the design values to an Excel spreadsheet? I can not see any reference to Excel in the Export or Save menus.

Dennis T via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds