• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Demonstration of 3D model 03 Nov 2013 21:47 #1019

You can export to Sketchup, but only as a 3ds file, which Sketchup can import.

We used this method in the video Exporting to Google Earth . The process would be the same for creating a Sketchup object.

Demonstration of 3D model 02 Nov 2013 23:32 #1018

Just wondered if the 3D model could be provided to customers as a SketchUp file ???

Clive

Demonstration of 3D model 16 Oct 2013 10:06 #965

For very large projects you are correct in splitting the buildings into several different projects.

For each project, export the project as a 3D object file (a .cyg file). The entire building is then saved as a 3D object. You can then load all these buildings as 3D objects into a new project to visual all the buildings within a single project. (Use the Open file tool in the catalogue to locate and load the buildng objects).

Demonstration of 3D model 16 Oct 2013 09:59 #964

• Amie Merten
  • Amie Merten's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you I will suggest they use the trial version, and if required to use more than 5 days will recommend they purchase.

Another question.... In a very large project, which is really 5 individual projects, is there any way that I could import all 5 projects into a single project to view the complete project. My old laptop slows down awful if I try to create all 5 large buildings as a single project.

Demonstration of 3D model 09 Oct 2013 09:04 #952

Your customers can download and use any of the trial versions of Visual Building to load and view your projects. The trial versions are unrestricted (for 5 days of use) and so your customers can even edit the projects and return changes to you.

Demonstration of 3D model 09 Oct 2013 09:00 #951

• Amie Merten
  • Amie Merten's Avatar Topic Author
I create 3D visualisation models as a service to my customers, normally from plans from their architect. I have been supplying screen shots of the 3D models to show my customers my progress. In some cases I would like to supply a 3D model which the customer can view, and other cases the complete Visual Building project.

Obviously the customer needs your software to view the project. Can my customer download the Visual Building trial version and use that to view my projects?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds