• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No floor again! 28 Jan 2014 07:10 #1213

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks you - I adopted the 'safer' method of joining to the solid wall by using the centreline when the previous difficulties remained unresolved. It now seems likely to me that all the problems may have stemmed from the same source.

Does this mean that an internal wall can't be drawn subsequently to a room boundary wall if the intended effect is to divide a room into two by connecting to that virtual wall?

Good news that the problem may now be in the past.... ;-)

The drawing you posted on Jan 26 (above) shows the problem I have with the ceiling not drawing in the first part of the building to be drawn - I can't find any reason for that, and it does draw sometimes. Can you ffer any thoughts on that please?

Thanks,

Chris

No floor again! 27 Jan 2014 22:19 #1211

Chris,

I was investigating this further and this time I noticed that you were drawiny your room boundary from the center of the solid walls. I'm informed by my colleagues that this is wrong and the room boundary walls must be drawn from the wall edge, as marked in following:

I will update the tutorials to make this clearer.

For an additional example concerning how not to use a boundary wall. Placing a boundary wall across the top of the following would in fact require 3 boundary walls- not 1. Using 1 wall would create undesired effects, because the walls would not be connected to a wall edge. (not directly related to your example).

No floor again! 26 Jan 2014 09:12 #1210

Chris,

I deleted your room boundary walls and created them again but this time I continued drawing the boundary to also include the solid walls. On completing the boundary the room completed and the floor was created. I have sent your project bacj to you via email.

There is possibly a bug with the room boundary wall interacting with solid walls, and I have asked for this to be investigated.

No floor again! 25 Jan 2014 17:41 #1209

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, thanks for your help so far, but I have to attach my latest conundrum. Having fixed two room boundary problems by using normal walls with cut-outs, I now have a room where I can't apply that solution. Because of yet another ceiling height change, this is building 5, the Garden Room. At the moment it is represented by two exterior walls in an L shape, faithfully reflecting how it was constructed in the early 90's, but whatever I try I can't persuade it to display a floor, suggesting that the room is incomplete, but it only has two components - the L shape and the boundary wall. Puzzling!

Thanks,

Chris
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds