• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

sloping ceiling 07 Feb 2014 14:24 #1240

• Christina
  • Christina 's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you but what I am trying to do is to compare different scenarios i.e. if the bath goes there, the door moves to there, etc. I would appreciate your advice on how to do that without having to recreate a floor plan for every scenario (as it seems I can't copy the elements to a new floor plan). I understand that if it was simply a question of moving a bath around I could have different layers showing the bath in different positions. However as mentioned there are structural implications associated with the different scenarios as well and I am hoping to avoid rebuilding a floor plan from scratch for each different scenario

sloping ceiling 07 Feb 2014 13:53 #1238

You cant copy but you can move objects to another layer.

To move a selection of objects, drag a selection box around rhe objects, or select each object while holding down the shift key. When you have objects selected right click in the 2D view and from the context menu, select Move to layer

sloping ceiling 07 Feb 2014 13:00 #1236

• Christina
Re my last question above, is there a quick way of copying everything on a layer to a new layer please?

sloping ceiling 05 Feb 2014 17:18 #1224

You could achieve this in the same way the loft conversion example was created. See loft conversion But without the timbers of course.

Just draw a room and add a roof to it without a ceiling. The roof boarding would then become your ceiling.

You could put different features on separate layers and switch layers on/off to show options.

sloping ceiling 05 Feb 2014 17:07 #1222

• Christina
I am redesigning the layout of a first floor bedroom/bathroom contained in an extension with a pitch roof. 3 questions please:
-the ceiling slopes - how do I show this on the elevations?
-I don't wish to 'build' a whole house as my project doesn't include the ground floor, what is the best way of setting up the project?
-what is the best way of showing alternative layouts for the bathroom (can I do this within the same project or do I need to create a new project for each scenario?)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds