• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Compare Visual Floor Planner and VB Basic 21 Apr 2014 11:02 #1401

Ian,

Minor updates will be free, and the next minor update is now in test and will be available next month. We will include some new 2D objects with this and I think this includes some additional heating objects.

Compare Visual Floor Planner and VB Basic 21 Apr 2014 11:00 #1400

Another thought. If you are upgrading for epc use it would be useful to be able to calculate the HLP and display the total length and breadth, and total area. This can be either inside or external dimensions. Thanks

Compare Visual Floor Planner and VB Basic 21 Apr 2014 10:55 #1399

Hi Thanks for the reply. I think that visual floorplanner is what I shall require. If I purchase now will I be able to update to receive the epc objects and do you know when this will be available? Thanks

Compare Visual Floor Planner and VB Basic 20 Apr 2014 14:50 #1398

Ian,

Visual Building and Visual FloorPlanner are two very different products.

Please see this topic for for details on the comparison and objectives of both. In response to your specific questions:

Saving same formats
Both can save project as .pdf. jpg. png. Visual Buildings projects are .cyp specific to Visual Building, and Visual FloorPlanner saves its projects as an XML file.

Can you have all floors on 1 plan
Visual FloorPlanner: yes
Visual Building: yes but with Professional version.

EPC Objects
In Visual Building you can easily create any 2D symbol you require.
We are currently upgrading Visual FloorPlanner to include range of objects required for EPC. The current list of 2D objects found in Visual FloorPlanner is here .

Compare Visual Floor Planner and VB Basic 20 Apr 2014 14:00 #1397

Hi I have been looking for a feature comparison between visual floor planner and visual building basic but cannot find one. I know that visual basic has the 3d facility but are there any other differences? For example can you save to the same formats in visual basic and is it as easy to use for 2d plans? Can you have the first and second floors on one plan? Much or my work is 2d and EPC's but the 3d facility may come in useful. Finally, do you have objects for boilers, radiators, water cylinders etc. for EPC floor plans? Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds