• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3 beginners questions. 03 Sep 2014 12:37 #1661

I checked the 5.0.0.2 Help features and could not find the outstanding problem you describe Help Content - Index Search, possibly needs a deinstall followed by a reinstall. However the pdf document contains much more information and the pdf online version is regulary updated- so I reccomend you do use the pdf. Dont forget to look at the online training course which is also updated regulary.

3 beginners questions. 03 Sep 2014 12:24 #1660

• Ian Newton
  • Ian Newton's Avatar Topic Author
Many thanks for prompt reply

The 5.0.0.2 version has resoved the Help ribbon bar problems except for Help - Content, Help-Index and Help-Search which still don't function. But if this is the same content as the PDF Help file then I can get by.

Thanks for the point 3 tip - easy when you know how!

Regarding the more complex shape for walls. I think I need lots of practice with Basic before I move to Professional but good to know it can be done.

THanks again.

3 beginners questions. 03 Sep 2014 11:28 #1659

We recently answered a similar question, asking how to add arrow slits:

The answer was to draw the plan profile of the arrow slit. Using the extrusion tool, create a 3D object and then convert this to an Extrusion object.

Apllicable to Visual Building Professional / Premium

3 beginners questions. 03 Sep 2014 10:10 #1658

Concering the Help tab, we have just rectified a bug which in some Visual Building Basic 5.0.0.1 installations, caused the Help panel not to operate correctly. I will email the Visual Building Basic v5.0.0.2, but it will appear in our download list soon for everyone else.

You can show such a chamfered wall in your model but using tools only available in the Professional / Premium versions.

You can move the environment block (The "Green Square") With the Environment lay as your active layer, double click on the evironment block and in the resulting dialog you can change X Y Offset.

If the project is small, then you can select all by dragging a box arrounf all and drag to a new position, but its easier to move the environment block.

3 beginners questions. 03 Sep 2014 09:53 #1657

• Ian Newton
  • Ian Newton's Avatar Topic Author
I am a beginner with this program having only had one day using it, so hopefully these will be easy questions to answer.
In the first instance my requirement is to draw floor plans but want to do them correctly so that that they can be 3d models later perhaps.

1) Has the installation worked correctly? I am getting to grips with guidelines, walls, doors, windows and editing a floor plan. But nothing except “Training videos” (which brings up the web page), works on the “Help” ribbon bar. Clicking on any of the other items on the Help, Diagnosis, Updates & Upgrades or Miscellaneous menus does nothing. Do I need to reinstall? Or have I missed something? There were quite a few warning messages from my anti virus program at the end of the installation.
2) Please point me in the right direction to create walls that change thickness. Most windows in 18th-19th century buildings with solid walls have recesses for windows with angled faces. Ie the wall may be 65cm thick but goes to 35 cm for the window with angled indent. I see that I can make a correct looking floor plan my masking the wall with a white filled polygon but I don’t think that will do anything to help build a 3D model.
3) I started my project in 2D only. When I thought to look what I had done in 3D all my work construction is miles away from the “green square environment” so it is virtually impossible to using the 3D viewing tools. Is there any way to pick the building up and move it to the central viewing area?

Hope someone can guide me in the right direction on any of these issues.
Ian
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds