• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trial version - Export to 3D formats missing? 28 Sep 2014 14:59 #1708

Sophie wrote: Forgive me for asking but whats Modo? Is it better than 3D Studio Max for lighting rendering?

Modo is a 3D modeling/rendering application which is quite fast at rendering, and not quite the price tag or complexity of 3D Studio Max.
www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/modo/

If you are in the market I would wait until they run sales (historically has been a good sale per year (-30 to -40%).

If it is better or worse than the competition - well, mileage may vary as they say. Depends on primary use, your preferences etc.

Technically I suppose Blender (freeware) can produce just as good renders with some effort, but for me there is a preference on the graphical user interface plus some other things that makes me prefer modo.

Trial version - Export to 3D formats missing? 28 Sep 2014 12:20 #1707

Forgive me for asking but whats Modo? Is it better than 3D Studio Max for lighting rendering?

Trial version - Export to 3D formats missing? 28 Sep 2014 12:16 #1706

Looks good- thanks for the feedback

Trial version - Export to 3D formats missing? 26 Sep 2014 12:53 #1700

Ah, cool, so "hidden" under the Application menu - I overlooked that.

Anyway, thanks!
Testing commences :)

Cheers,
Rune

Trial version - Export to 3D formats missing? 26 Sep 2014 12:42 #1699

The Export to 3D menu is only active when you have a 3D Window open and an object selected which you want to export. Its located in the Application Menu - Export Trial version has no limitations.

Applicable to all versions of Visual Building
Attachments:

Trial version - Export to 3D formats missing? 26 Sep 2014 11:55 #1698

Hi, just downloaded and looked at the help info which refers to an "Export" menu that I cannot find in the Basic version.

Can you confirm that this is intentionally missing from the Trial version?

I downloaded the trial to check if the 3D exported formats are usable with my main 3D application Modo.

Cheers,
Rune
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds