• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: RSJ 11 Feb 2013 21:40 #593

• admin
Yes, Any object that you create with the 3D construction tool in Visual Building Pro can be added to catalogue.

You can also create 3D objects in external 3D programs such as 3D Studio Max or Truespace (free) or Blender (free) and also import these into Visual Building Pro, and also include these in the catalogue.

Re: RSJ 11 Feb 2013 21:37 #592

Could I then add Lintels/Catnics etc to the catalogue if I wish to design them?

CD via email

Re: RSJ 11 Feb 2013 17:29 #591

• admin
There are no lintels in the catalogue, however box lintels are easily represented by a 3D rectangular tube object in the catalogue. Other shapes, including box lintels are easy to create in Visual Building Pro using the extrude tool.

In this example I created the section shape and the extruded it in a 3D object.
Click on image to zoom

Re: RSJ 11 Feb 2013 17:22 #590

Is it possible to design a specific type of lintel ie Catnic, should the customer specify it, or is it already in the library?

CD via email

Re: RSJ 11 Feb 2013 09:40 #589

• admin
Click on image to zoom

The above was achieved by adding a cut out in the wall to the full height of the wall and then dragging a RSJ (in this case an I beam) into the slot.

I used the IBeam from the Objects - Components catalogue. This is possible in all versions of Visual Building.
Download this project here

With Visual Building Professional you can create additional beams of any cross section using 3D Construction tool.

RSJ 11 Feb 2013 09:37 #588

Hi

Is there a function to add concrete or steel lintels/RSJ's to supporting walls to allow kitchen/bathroom extensions/Patio doors for example? Regards Clivo

CD via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds