• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: WC Stack and Plumbing 15 Aug 2013 17:03 #906

It really depends on the purpose of your drawings. If you need to show your stack / plumbing for the purpose of building regulations then I would suggest you continue to use the 2D symbols. It is easier to create the various components, label and dimension them.

You can achieve the same using 3D models, but it is much harder to create / resize 3D elements than 2D. However if you do use the 3D route then you are still able to add text dimensions in the 2D section / plan views.

I understand why you may want to show the external WC stack within your 3D view, but using 3D for the 'other plumbing' is a bit redundant because this is normally under the floor / behind the walls and would not be visible anyway in 3D, unless you want to create section views to demonstrate.

WC Stack and Plumbing 15 Aug 2013 16:49 #905

I have created some plumbing symbols to represent my current single stack system for my WC / bathroom waste. This looks good in my 2D elevation plan and I have been able to plan out my plumbing modifications. As most of my stack is external I then want to demonstrate how this fits in visually in my 3D view.

After placing the stack etc in the 3D view I then realised that the 3D object is also visible in the 2D elevation view. So my question is: Is it better to show the stack and other sanitary/plumbing fittings using 3D objects or 2D objects?

RK via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds