• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Windows Vista 24 Sep 2013 00:16 #940

We are running Vista on a machine here with .Net 4 and Visual Building. However we have had problems with a laptop running XP and .Net 4, because the laptops drivers no longer appeared to be compatible with .Net 4.

As you say, although the latest version of Visual Building requires . Net 4, it is beyond our capacity to support Microsoft .Net 4 running on such an old operating system, especially as Microsoft ceased mainstream support for this product in April 2012.

Check that you have SP2 installed.

Visual Building itself is quite tolerant concerning hardware requirements /drivers and if you are able to keep your hardware updated with latest service packs and .Net releases then you should have no problems running Visual Building.

Its possible that you may be successful installing .Net 3.5 or an earlier .Net version using an earlier version of Visual Building.

Windows Vista 24 Sep 2013 00:07 #939

I have been using Visual Building Basic on my desktop with Windows 7 and more recently with Windows 8 quite happily. I have however a (very old) Laptop running Windows Vista, and also wanted my Visual Building running on that. It installed successfully, but part of the install required that I also needed to install .Net 4, which started but failed. I have previously tried to install .Net 4 on my Vista laptop to run other software also without success.

The .Net 4 install fails. I realise that Windows Vista is no longer supported by Microsoft, and that the problem is not a problem of Visual Buildings, but Window Vista, but is there any suggestions that you can make to get .Net 4 running on an old laptop, so that I may run new software on it.

R C via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds