• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Difficult roof lines 09 Oct 2013 12:50 #955

Problem 1: Roof cuts into wall:

You can stop the roof cutting into the wall as shown in your lower picture by reducing the overhang fpor those side from 0.6m to 0m

Difficult roof lines 09 Oct 2013 11:29 #954

• Jeremy Sage
  • Jeremy Sage's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for the prompt replies. I have emailed a test project, hopefully to the right email address. Please let me know if it does not come through.

The roof merge function looks as though it will do the job.

Difficult roof lines 09 Oct 2013 09:48 #953

Visual Building Premium v4 does have more extensive roof editing tools, including the ability to merge different roof parts.

See Roof merging

Difficult roof lines 08 Oct 2013 16:51 #949

• Jeremy Sage
  • Jeremy Sage's Avatar Topic Author
I am struggling to reproduce a fairly difficult roof line for an existing building. I have viewed the video tutorial on multi gabled roofs but I can't see how I can apply the techniques in my case. I have tried creating a single roof but this never quite works out correctly even after significant editing.

The only way I have managed to get near is by creating several roofs and adjusting them independently. Unfortunately though these individual roofs do not merge and there are discrepancies. The roofs do not join up (not surprisingly without any option to merge them), there are gaps between the walls and the later roof sections (I can't extend the walls to a roof line) and either gaps or overlaps between roof sections (I can't trim roof sections).

Any advice on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to attach some screen shots with some views of my best efforts to date and these show the overall roof shape required but with the problems described above.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JS.

EDIT: Attachments rejected in initial post as too big.

Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds