• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Shading Video demo 19 May 2012 13:22 #289

• admin
This video demonstrates how shadows of trees have different effects upon a roof mounted solar panel at different times throughout the year.

The building is south facing in London UK

The test are run over a 12 hour period starting at sunrise at the following tomes of the year:

21st March, 21st Jun, 21st Sep, 21st Dec

So although the shadows are not included in the calculations you can demonstrate to your customer the effect of adjacent trees / buildings at different times throughout the year.

Re: Shading 21 Apr 2012 21:15 #229

• admin
1. Yes. You can save any view to .bmp, .png or .jpg file or better still print it to a pdf file.

See Printing to pdf

2. Shadows are at this time a visual indication only and not take into account in any calculations. This is a future enhancement.

As for at which point to apply a percentage reduction, I would suggest (and I’m not the expert on this and invite comments / advice) ….I would have thought that if anywhere a shadow % would be applied to an individual panels power output, so if 1 of 10 panels is in shade 25% of the time then the overall reduction is 10% x 25%- …. but I do remember reading an article suggesting that if any panel is in shade it has a dramatic effect on panels not in shade- so always best to avoid the shade. I will ask my technical colleagues to comment on this.

Shading 21 Apr 2012 21:00 #228

I have been looking to purchase the Solar deign software but have a few questions which you may be able to provide answers.

1. When using the Shading function can you print or copy the picture to show the customer the effect?

2. When the calculations are produced will these allow for shading from the design or do you need to apply a percentage, if so in which part of the programme and how does this work

[Del]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds