• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Import Plan 07 Feb 2014 12:49 #1235

Thank you for your DWG file. I loaded your dwg file into Autodesk's TrueView (free download from AutoDesk) to establish the contents of the DWG file.

This complained that it was not a proper formatted dwg file created with Autodesk- but you can ignore this.

Load into Visual Building I could then switch off most of the layers that were not required and changed the import scale to 0.001.

This then allowed me to place the dwg plan into an empty project. I created a layer called DWG for this. TYhe next step would be to scale the drawing, but their are no dimensions in the DWG to do this. Trueview shows that there are only area information. Also the drawing is marked NTS.

Whebn you have the scaling coreect, you can now smap your walls to the imported plan. Re

I have emailed the project back to you.

Import Plan 07 Feb 2014 10:30 #1234

Will,

You need to have Visual Building Professional or Premium in order to import a DWG file.
Email the .jpg file that you wish to import to Customer Care, so that we can give you advice on how to continue.

You could of course import the dwg file into the Professional trial version, in order to create the basic floor plan, which you could then save and load into your Visual Building Lite version. Best delete the dwg before saving so not to upset the Lite version.

Import Plan 07 Feb 2014 09:44 #1233

• Will Ross
  • Will Ross's Avatar Topic Author
I have looked at YouTube tutorial on importing a plan into VB.
Unfortunately it does not appear that I can import a .dwg file and the problem I have in importing a JPEG is that I cannot get it to import and retain layout as one needs to "draw" rectangle space for the imported plan to "fit" into.
The problem I have is that it is impossible to get the size of the rectangle to size for the import to work properly diomensionally. Is there a way to do this?
Yes, I know the scale can be adjusted but this only works if X and Y scales on how the imported plan is imported remain the same relative to each other - if one is "out" then it just does not work at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds