• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Functionality Problems 07 Feb 2014 16:15 #1242

Will,

I believe the majority of our users are still using Windows 7, and I am running on Windows 7 Ultimate and so I do not believe your problems are associated with your OS.

When placing a wall, Ctrl+W should be pressed after placing the first mouse click, but before the second mouse click.

Double clicking on a wall: remember that the wall must be on the current active layer when you are clicking on it. It will not respond if if you have a different layer selected.

Thanks fore reminding me about the Ctrl + + keys. These were recently added to the documentation. Other short cut keys are listed here and in the documentation.

The compass is located on the Environment layer and this must be your current active layer in order to react to a click. The current active layer is indicated in the project tree with red text.

Hopefully with the above info, you will find that these are not bugs. You can resolve the understanding of layers by simply creating a new project and while placing a wall press Ctrl + W to change its edge snapping. When placed see if you can the double click the wall, to activate its properties. At this point there are no other layers apart from the Environment layer to confuse the issue.

Functionality Problems 07 Feb 2014 14:17 #1239

• Will Ross
  • Will Ross's Avatar Topic Author
I have looked at the VB Wall Tutorial 1 pt4. The tutorial indicates that the wall can be snapped to guidelines on centre-line (OK so far) and to change that be changed to snap to outer or inner edge edge of wall to guideline by use of Ctrl "W". Unfortunately however this does not work on my PC (I am running Windows 7 Ultimate).

Also double clicking on a wall does not open properties whereas the tutorial indicates that it should.

Another problem, and one much fundamental, is that it is impossible to move the work area (yes the building can be moved) but what is locked is the ability to move within the project with what has been drawn - it is OK when at minimum magnification but when zoom in used it zooms in to an internal setting point and it is not possible to move the image on screen to see the area where one is working on.

Incidentally I did find that pressing Ctrl + or Ctrl - is a great shortcut for zooming in and out.

Elsewhere in the tutorials it indicates that double clicking on the compass point will open its' properties and it can then be changed - unfortunately this does not work either.

As I cannot see anyone-else having had such problems on the Forum am I correct in assuming that the problems I am experiencing are directly attributable to Windows 7 Ultimate OS?

Your thoughts on the above would be appreciated as I do like wht I see of VB and would like to keep with it if I can get these bugs sorted out. Thanks

Will
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds