• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3Dconexion space mouse. 11 Oct 2014 18:34 #1745

Most users restrict themselves to the on screen walkthrough tools but....

There are also keyboard controls that you can use to walkthrough a 3D project. You can enter walkthrough mode using F2 (exit with Esc) . or click on the 3D Functions tab General Group - Walkthrough
Use the default arrow keys to move through the project. #Hold Shift key down to accelerate.

If you right click on the Walkthrough tool then you will activate the Properties tool whereby you can specify the keys (eg AWSD). and movement speeds.

This is documented in the user manual (currently Ch 7.6) but is missed by many.

This walkthrough tool can be improved and is on our wish list.

I will remind our programmers about the SDK.

3Dconexion space mouse. 10 Oct 2014 22:53 #1739

• Glen Sullivan
  • Glen Sullivan's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for the positive reply,

I'm using the (less extortionate) Space mouse wireless. I think the more complex (pro) ones are a complete waste of money.

3dconnexion provide a software dev kit here.. www.3dconnexion.co.uk/service/software-developer.html

3Dconexion space mouse. 10 Oct 2014 16:26 #1736

Glen,

If we had enough users that had need of the Spacemouse then this would be a possibility.

Out of interest which Space mouse do you have? Many versions of the Spacemouse cost more than the Visual Building software.

I will however probe our programmers to establish if this is feasible.

Thankyou for the suggestion.

3Dconexion space mouse. 10 Oct 2014 15:22 #1735

• Glen Sullivan
  • Glen Sullivan's Avatar Topic Author
Is there any plans to support 3Dconnexion space mouse, in the current or future versions?

I love using Visual Building, but I find the 3D controls infuriating at times. (normally when I'm jumping between VisualBuilding and sketchup)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds