• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Complex Roofing...... part two 04 Nov 2014 13:20 #1816

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Ok, sorted thanks.

What you suspect to be a tiled gable end is the hipped roof pitched at 55 degrees on two short sides, and 35 and 17 on the two longer sides.

Next job is to cut out room for lintels and insulation over the North-South doorways in the valley axis - I will try my luck with flat -roofed dormer windows, and see what that does - there could be tears!

Complex Roofing...... part two 03 Nov 2014 18:28 #1808

On receipt of the project, Im not sure the roof editor will like the roof section used as a gable ends. Is this really a tiled pitched gable end?

Complex Roofing...... part two 03 Nov 2014 14:32 #1801

The answer is here: Quote: "but the second roof (on a layer in a separate building)". You must move all the roof sections so that they are on the same layer.

Complex Roofing...... part two 03 Nov 2014 14:09 #1800

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
I have downloaded 5.0.0.1 Pro, in order to merge my roofs. I need to merge them so that I can edit the structure to cut out some wall plate and rafters, then add in new joists at a higher level to end up with a flat roof between the North and South Ridges, just high enough to allow room for a lintel and approx 300mm of insulation above the four door openings along axis A-A.

Sadly, Page 326 of the manual is not helping me - when I select the first roof, a green frame is drawn around it, but the second roof (on a layer in a separate building)remains unselectable. The green frame is not mentioned in the manual. Moving the two roofe onto the same layer seems to make no difference.

This is with the roofs in place on the full house model. Noting a previous comment about merging the roofs and inporting them as an object, two og the three roofs have differing wall plate heights, so I am unclear how to go about that?

Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds