• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

foundations needed but can't find how to do this 24 Nov 2014 22:14 #1874

• Barry Laing
  • Barry Laing's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks you've been very helpful and prompt. I'll give that a try; have to brush up on multicopy first! :-)

foundations needed but can't find how to do this 24 Nov 2014 19:39 #1873

There are two examples, the house that you found and also a porch project, which also has a dropped foundation.

You are correct, it would be inpratical to create a building for each stepped layer for a stepped foundattion.

A better solution could be achieved by creating a single foundation block, and then use Muolto copy to copy in the horizontal and then for each step use multi copy to copy it downwards to achieve the correct depth:

Click to zoom

foundations needed but can't find how to do this 24 Nov 2014 11:37 #1871

• Barry Laing
Sorry again can't find an example with different buildings, unless you mean the whole project of the old house and conservatory. So how do I put the say, ten different buildings together to look as one? The house is 13 metres from front to back and is not built on slabs, but on blob footings of concrete supporting the brick walls. The steps down the slope are each one course of bricks high, therefore about ten 'steps' from front to back of the house. The interior walls don't align with the 'steps', of course, so I just can't see how this approach works.

foundations needed but can't find how to do this 24 Nov 2014 10:59 #1870

So in reality the foundation is not sloped but stepped to follow the slope.

In the Training Course there is an example where we have 3 different foundation levels, and this is resolved by creating different buildings with different foundation depths. The floor levels can be the same or diiferent. So if you have a stepped foundation, then use a different building to define each step.

foundations needed but can't find how to do this 24 Nov 2014 10:11 #1869

• Barry Laing
Thanks and sorry, I obviously used the wrong terminology about the wall size; should have said wall height to increase as you go down the slope in the terrain! At the front of the house the ground floor level is just above the terrain surface but at the back of the house the ground floor level is 1000mm above the terrain surface because of the slope in the terrain. Goind across the block there is no slope, only going back down the block. The foundation therefore goes down the slope stepping gradually down the slope, following the terrain surface from front to back. It is in its trench of about 300mm below the terrain surface. But the building's wall starts on the top of the foundation and goes up to the ground floor level, so I need to draw this part of the wall having height which increases from front to back of the house.
So my problem is how to draw that tapering wall between the sloping top of the foundation ie the terrain surface, and the bottom of the ground floor's wall?

foundations needed but can't find how to do this 24 Nov 2014 09:38 #1868

You cant use the standard wall to create a varying thickness wall with depth, and you were correct in assuming that you could achieve by creating a 3D object.

Create a 2D profile, using the 2D polygon tool as below:

Then use the extrude 2D contour tool to convert 2D profile into a 3D object:

Applicable to Visual Building Professional / Premium

Im not clear about your problem concering the terrain slope. Maybe you could upload an image of what your problem is
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds