• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Dimensioning Not To Scale drawings 14 Jun 2013 15:02 #803

• admin
I assume that you are using the Fire Escape Plan catalogue together with Visual Building Lite.

If you wanted to create an A3 sized plan you should have used the A3 template, which would have been at the correct scale to output to A3, normally at a scale of 1:100. If you used any other scale or did not use the template then this would explain why your project appears to small in the A4 print window. All is not lost, just increase the drawing scale by right clicking on the 2D view , and selecting Properties in the context menu - this will activate the 2D view properties where you can set the scale to 1:100 to suit your A3 paper.

The text will only rescale with the drawing if you selected Link to scale in the text properties box:
Best send us your project so we can advise.

Re: Dimensioning Not To Scale drawings 14 Jun 2013 14:35 #802

Hi,
I am trying to print a fire scape plan I created with Visual Building Lite in a A3 format. The area that the printer window offer me is too small for my drawing. I cannot select my own area and since my drawing is in meters it is to big for the little box. I think it would be better if I scale my drawing to have it inside of this box but when I try to scale the 2D view it scales only the text.
Could you please tell me what I should do to print my scape plan in a A3 format?

Thanks

Re: Dimensioning Not To Scale drawings 05 May 2012 10:10 #265

• admin
Disable automatic dimension line values:

Draw the dimension line.
Double click on the auto generated measured value.
In the activated Dimension text dialog, disable automatic text
Select the Input text page and you can now edit the auto value to the value you want to display.

To Display text such as 10' x 12':

Double click on the room you want to edit to activate the Room dialog.
Select General page - Labeling and enable Comments (at bottom)
In the General page you can now type any text that you wish to appear in the room, including both metric and imperial measurements.

This is applicable to all versions of Visual Building

Dimensioning Not To Scale drawings 05 May 2012 09:28 #264

• Roger Alexander
  • Roger Alexander's Avatar Topic Author
I use this software to create floor plans. These plans are used on my sales brochures and are not to scale. I would like to dimension my plans in two possible ways. The first is to use the dimension tool but this wants to put the actual dimension measured on my drawing which is incorrect as its not to scale. So how can I edit the automatically entered value?
The second method that I often use to dimension my plans just states 10' x 12' with the room name. Can I do this?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds