• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Architects Plans 01 Oct 2013 20:52 #944

I would think that the availability of the plan as a dwg file depends on your initial contract with the architect. Most drawings are marked Copyright, in which case the architect still can retain the copyright ownership. If he has created from his stock portfolio then it is understandable why he is protective, however your request is reasonable and for a specific purpose. This is maybe a good warning to offers to establish copyright and availability of design drawings BEFORE engaging the architect.

Any architects care to comment from their point of view.

Architects Plans 01 Oct 2013 17:56 #943

• Bev
  • Bev's Avatar Topic Author
This is an open question to others here that may have obtained drawings from their archtect or not. When my architect realised that I intended to import his Autocad files into Visual Building he declined to give them to me on the basis that he owns the copyright. Surely if I have paid the architect for the plans, I own the plans and he should allow me to do what i want with the plan. I only want to omport the plans into Visual Building so that I can visualise his 2D plans in 3D. I do not intend to publish the plans or use the plans for any other means than my own.
The architect says he could create a 3d model to visualise my plans , but this will possibly cost as much as the original plans again. Other than that I have been quite happy with the design and service of my architect.
Has anyone else experience the reluctance of their architect to supply drawings for this purpose?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds