• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Extend building 20 Jan 2015 12:41 #1973

• Carl Duffield
  • Carl Duffield's Avatar Topic Author
All sorted now, Thanks. Easy when you know how. Carl

Extend building 19 Jan 2015 22:39 #1969

Use the extend building tool to move the walls to an extended position. The roof will not however move. This demonstrates how to move the roof manually onto the new wall position.

Click to zoom

In the 2D view select the roof. Click the roof several times until the roof points show (possibly 4 clicks to cycle through all roof parts) . As seen above circled red. Then click each roof point to select and click again to place it in a new position, normally it will snap to the moved wall position. If needed use some guidelines to snap to, should roof overhang the building.

This process may not work if roof is too complex through use of roof merge tool.

Sometimes for a simple roof it may be just as quick to redraw the roof on then extended bbuilding.

Extend building 19 Jan 2015 16:14 #1967

• Carl Duffield
Thanks , Do I do this by just extending overhang or is there a different method.

Extend building 19 Jan 2015 16:11 #1966

Carl,

Sorry but the roof currently does not extend automatically with the building correctly. You will need to extend the roof manually.

Extend building 19 Jan 2015 16:08 #1965

• Carl Duffield
Hi, I am using the extend building function. But when I use it the roof does not extend with it, Am I doing something wrong. I have watched your tutorial on this subject. Carl
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds