• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Windows 8.1 05 Sep 2014 22:39 #1670

• Richard Robinson
  • Richard Robinson's Avatar Topic Author
Dell have not provided any evidence to demonstrate that VB has any contaminated files. It looks at this point that the likely cause of the crash on my new computer is Windows 8.1 update and a conflict with OneDrive which of course has absolutely nothing to do with Visual Building.

As has been pointed out some virus scanners may give a false positive for some executable files, which appears to be the case here.

Many thanks

Windows 8.1 05 Sep 2014 13:32 #1665

Yes Visual Building v5 has been tested on Windows 8.1 ans supports both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
Also, I use Visual Building Basic / Professional / Premium both on a desktop running Windows 8.1 and also on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 also running Windows 8.1 without any problems.

When you say stuck on User Login, do you mean mean the Dell login, or Visual Building Premium login, which shows only prior to applying the license?

Windows 8.1 05 Sep 2014 13:16 #1664

• Richard Robinson
  • Richard Robinson's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I have a newish Dell i7 laptop which keeps getting stuck on user login with the words please wait. I have had Dell work on this issue for 2 days now and they suggest it may be an issue with Windows 8.1 and suggest Visual Building might be an issue.

Has the new release been tested with 8.1 any other problems?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds