• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Complex roofing.... 12 Oct 2014 10:08 #1746

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
I still have the same problem - I have created an entirely new exterior model, very simple, no legacy from the main model,, but not responding as I hoped.

The problem is the same as above - none of the four roofs will change level. I need to move them all down 0.55 of a metre, but entering "-0.55" in the properties dialogue box has no effect.

Model coming next as a cyp file in your email....

Chris

Complex roofing.... 06 Oct 2014 21:05 #1729

• Chris Thomas
Very helpful, thank you. Pragmatically, I don't need all the functionality in one model. so now that I don't need individual buildings to reflect the various odd floor and ceiling heights, the quickest route is probably to start a new model with one building for each of the four roofs, and only detail the external doors and windows. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the good advice.

Chris

Complex roofing.... 06 Oct 2014 18:06 #1726

The gable in your 1596 building: You should have created yet another floor (eg call it attic) for each section of the building that this roof covers. The gable walls would then appear. Currently you have no walls in the floor that you have named Roof. Think of it that even an attic has a floor and walls.

You could create such a model outline, as you suggest, just to create the roof, then export the roof as a 3D model, and load that roof object onto your comprehensive model.

To create such a complex roof, you will need the Visual Building Premium's Roof merge feature. You can of course use the Premium trial version to create the roof and then use that object in your Professional version.

I will forward the error message to our programmers.

If you do use the Premium Roof merge you woul dneed to transfer all the individual roof parts to the same layer so that you can merge them into a single roof construction.

Complex roofing.... 06 Oct 2014 17:56 #1725

• Chris Thomas
Thanks - project file sent by email at 17;40, so please shout if you have not got it. Amazing response time, as always, thanks.

Chris

Complex roofing.... 06 Oct 2014 17:43 #1723

Chris, Please email us you project so that we may advise you.

Complex roofing.... 06 Oct 2014 17:35 #1722

• Chris Thomas
I have hit a problem - in modelling this house, I have erected buildings in the order that this house was built. However, I now find roofing rather difficult. Two of the four roofs needed are fine (South and South East, nearest the viewpoint in the jpeg attached. The third and fourth roofs have decided not to move in response to the properties dialogue box - I can neither move them up nor down.

I also attach an error message from the deletion wizard - telling me that it would help you to see that error message. This error message happened after I had developed the model further, attempting to find a different route through the situation.

The four roofs in the jpeg attached are very near to correct in plan view, just not all at the correct height and some gables are missing - wanted to make sure I could do the roofs first.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.... Perhaps I could choose to cop out and generate a new model as one building with no interior rooms, and roof that, to use when the exterior view is required? How do I put four roofs on one building?

Thanks,

Chris
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds