• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Imported DXF 07 Jul 2014 19:48 #1582

You did not scale the drawing when you imported it. The walls look like lines because you are zoomed way out. For example, place a dimension line on a door and you will see that it is 761m wide. Right click on the dwg plan and select Modify scale, and use a known length to set the scale correctly.

Imported DXF 07 Jul 2014 08:54 #1581

I looked at the project and DXF file you emailed to us. The project that you sent did not have a DXF imported into it and so I could not determine what your problem was. I did however manage to import the DXF into the project and rescale it (I used the left most wall to scale the DXF to). So, Im not sure what you mean by " walls to be anything other than a single line". The DXF drawing is just a set of single lines that you should now use to trace your Visual Building walls to. I have returned your project with the DXF plan imported and rescaled, ready for you to trace.

Note in the returned project that I have imported the DXF into its own layer- not necessary but it helps to be able to hide show the DXF as required.

In the DXF Import video tutorial , pay particular attention to the import scale (at time frame 1:03) and the fine rescaling to your project (at 2:47).

Applicable to Visual Building Professional / Premium

Imported DXF 07 Jul 2014 08:47 #1580

I have been trying to building up from my imported DXF file. though I am following the online tutorial, I cannot get my walls to be anything other than a single line?

Richard L via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds