• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Large project question 26 Sep 2014 08:40 #1697

1. Use layers.

If you want to hide details of a section of your building create additonal layers, then move the parts you want to hide to the new layer and then switch off they layer. Note the layer has to be switched off independently in each view.

This method can be used for renovations to show before and after designs.

This method is preferred if you need to create 2D drawings for planning.

2. Use Master Project
For a very large project that incorporates several large buildings. each building can be a separate project. You can then save each building as a 3D object and then load each object into a master landscape project.

Click to zoom

The above projects uses several projects that have been saved as 3D Objects (.cyg) and then imported into a master project.

This method is preferred if you need to create 3D visualisations.

3. Dont include large numbers of trees and bushes until your final stage of a project, as these use a lot of resources. Some 3D trees can uses as much resources as a building.

Also the new Visual Building v5 64 bit version is best suited for large projects- on a 64 bit system of course.

Large project question 26 Sep 2014 08:22 #1696

Hi

I have almost finished creating a detached large house & separate garage block design for an existing property.

It is created within VB as 6 buildings, to help with the construction & visualisation
• Main House
• North
• South
• Garage (detached)
• Neighbours Garage (detached)
• Garden

I have not done drawings at this point.

I now want to create a large extension to this design, that joins the house & garage block together.
This final design will have to be suitable for planning applications.

The changes would entail the following be done to the original design:
1. Completely remove the south building (2 room extension).
2. Remove part of a main wall with 2 windows in it on the main house.
3. Create new openings for doorways, as required.
4. Extend the roofing on the main house & garage
5. Change 2 dormers to become 1 bigger dormer on the north Building
6. Add dormers to the Garage Block & Main House

What is the best way to do this ?

I had planned to “save as” to keep a copy of the original design. Then make the changes within a new file, but when I spot something I have forgot on the original design, I would have to do it potentially twice..
Can I visually turn off the South building, as I have it on a separate level or will this cause issues..
or
Export & import ? but this might make drawing more difficult to create.

Martyn D via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds