• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Plan view 10 Dec 2014 12:13 #1898

• Carl Duffield
  • Carl Duffield's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks.I've watched video's, now makes sense. Doesn't explain my original question regarding dwg files different in preview. But I can now produce what I need for planning.

Plan view 10 Dec 2014 11:17 #1897

Im sure you know the following, but its a good time to mention for anyone that may not:

You will also need to add some other details such as an information panel giving details concerning the drawing.

Also add a scale bar and compass arrow. There is a section in the Training Course explaining how to do this.

You should then determine what size paper and orientation you intend to print your pdf file to. Planning applications require different scales for different views. The scale and the project size will then determin the paper size and orientation you need to set.

For example a Location Plan is normally submitted on A4 on a scale typically 1:1250 to 1:2500. You can normally purchase such a Location Plan.

The site plan would be at a scale typically 1:100, 1:200 or 1:500

Plan view 10 Dec 2014 10:56 #1896

For Planning Applications, its best to export as a pdf file directly. There is no need to export to DWG / DXF.
Watch this video

Plan view 10 Dec 2014 10:49 #1895

• Carl Duffield
I've emailed project. Can you export to pdf. Thought you had to export as dwg then convert?

Plan view 10 Dec 2014 10:47 #1894

Carl, project did not get attached, please email it to us.

Why are you exporting to DWG for planning application. Local authorities will accept plans in pdf format.

Plan view 10 Dec 2014 10:39 #1893

• Carl Duffield
Hi, I am having difficulty dealing with and exporting plan views for submission to planning. I can select parts of my project, sectional views and insert them onto plan. Everything is inside border correctly but when I export to DWG file and look at preview it is all or some of it is outside the border. Am I doing something wrong. I have watched tutorial explaining basics . Is there a more detailed one.

Project attached

Carl
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds