• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Daylight.... direction of the sun 03 Jan 2015 08:45 #1919

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks Sophie - I didn't know an additional light source was possible. Great thinking - are you an Isaac Asimov fan by any chance?

Chris

Daylight.... direction of the sun 03 Jan 2015 08:43 #1918

• Chris Thomas
Thank you - I had missed the compass change possibility on the environment layer.....

Daylight.... direction of the sun 02 Jan 2015 11:09 #1916

Although I have had no problems with north facing walls, I did have the need to light up a wall which the standard sun light could not reach so well due to another building. To resolve this I added an additional light source, and adjusted its light settings to match that of ambient light from the sun.

Daylight.... direction of the sun 02 Jan 2015 09:39 #1915

The suns position and resulting shadoes are determined by:

a) The compass setting, which you can set by selecting the compass in the 2D view in the Environment layer.

b) The longitude and lattitude settings in the Sub position dialog. (Right click in the 3D view, select Properties from the contextr menu , select Sun Position in the 3D View dialog)

c) The time, ie month day and time

d) Ensure you have the display mode set to Presentation

From your description it seems that you have accounted for all of these. Similar problems in the past have been a result of

1) a user changing the default light settings for the sun,

2) Expecting to see sunlit on a north face of building at 10am in January. Try 4pm in June.

To test your default setting try new simple project . If problem persists email your project.

Note how the north face only sees direct sunlight late in the afternoon in the summer months

Daylight.... direction of the sun 01 Jan 2015 15:00 #1914

• Chris Thomas
I want to present visuals of alternative house models to our dear local planners, but can't quite figure out the direction of the lighting - whatever I try, my north aspect is always in shadow.

I have even tried moving it to Australia, but that failed. Ideally I need to group all the buildings and then use the 'rotate building' tool which does exactly what I want but on one building at a time, whereas six due to differing floor heights etc.... is there some way please?

Thanks,

Chris
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds