• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multiple Buildings 03 Feb 2016 16:34 #2449

This does depend on:
Size of project
Power of PC 32 bit or 64 bit
Your ability
Intended other uses of project after planning eg building regs, interior design...

Obviously make the main building your main project. I would then create new projects for other buildings. Then export these as 3D models and load into main project You will need to export only the data you want to show into 3D object, eg exclude the terrain, and roof structure detail. Any dimensions should then be added into main project.

Its a good idea to experiment with some of the example projects, merging them into a single project so that you then understand the steps required.

Certainly such a single project with so many buildings would start to slow down especially when you start to add detail. A 64 bit fast computer would possibly cope, but 32 bit may struggle.

So my suggestion would be to use multiple projects. Its then easy to rotate and re-position each building when it is treated as an object.

These were multiple building projects:

Multiple Buildings 03 Feb 2016 16:17 #2448

I plan to use Visual Building Premium to prepare drawings for planning application associated with 3 buildings at my current home, these projects are:
Main House - New entrance (approx 3m x 4m) Outhouse (converted barn) - New triple garage Old Barn - Convert to 2 bed cottage There are 2 other very small buildings on the property, my questions are:
- Is it best to have an environment the actual size of my plot
- Should I put all 5 buildings on this environment, each on a separate layer (although each building will have a number of layers)
- Is it better to do each building separately and then merge them onto a single environment, how is this done? could not find anything about it in the forum.
The main house has a hipped roof all round with a large 2 storey flat roof extension with a parapet around the top, could not find out how to construct this in any of the forum material.
Can send you an arial view of the plot showing the buildings if this would help.

MB via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds