• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Visual Building Premium Vs Chief Architect Premier 07 Jul 2016 13:12 #2591

Hi Ben

I have similar decisions to make ... so what did you decide in the end please?

Many Thanks
GraHal

Visual Building Premium Vs Chief Architect Premier 07 Feb 2016 12:40 #2452

• Ben Sherman
  • Ben Sherman's Avatar Topic Author
Hi All!

I am a builder who is looking to move into a new venture offering architectural design services for homeowners looking to extend or remodel their home. I want to offer conceptual 3D renders and fly-throughs, proposed and existing 2D elevations for planning applications and construction blueprints for building regs approval and building contractors to work to.

After much research, I had decided to go for Chief Architect Premier, which looks very slick and professional - and has a plethora of online videos and training support.

However, I have read on a number of forums that the program is designed primarily for the US market, and can be awkward for UK use (particularly for UK planning and building laws).

So I came across Visual Building whilst searching for UK specific software. It certainly looks like it offers everything I'm looking for. However, there are obviously compromises compared to Chief Architect, as CA is over 10 times dearer!

Has anyone used both, and know the mains differences are between VB and CA? It could well be the case that CA has features that I won't need, and therefore VB may be a far better value choice for me.

Cheers!

Ben
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds