• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Orphan Floor 24 Jul 2019 22:11 #2825

• Sean Johnson
  • Sean Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I tried the invalid elements that didn't seem to help but some time after I moved back to other tasks I found I could select and remove the offending elements. Unfortunately I have no idea what I did. If I notice the problem again I'll send the project to customer care as you suggested.

Thanks again.
SAJ

Orphan Floor 24 Jul 2019 07:51 #2824

Hi,

you could try our internal repair functions. This process can not be reversed so you should make the test with a copy of your original project file.

Open the repair function dialog on our HELP - Diagnostics Ribbon. See attached screenshot.

Try "remove invalid Elements" first and then force all your walls back to the floor level origin with "adjust wall level". That also forces all rooms to be recalculated.

If both doesn't show any effect please send your project file to customercare@visualbuilding.co.uk and let us know which Version number your premium Version has.
Attachments:

Orphan Floor 23 Jul 2019 22:41 #2823

• Sean Johnson
  • Sean Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
I've run into a problem with a section of floor above a cut out ceiling. The building has been converted from a house to two flats. As a result the entrance to the 1st floor flat is a bit of a mess with changes in floor height changes in stair directions etc etc. In trying to make all this work I had a number of attempts at the stairs before I got them right. When I checked the layout in 3D sans walls part of the floor above a cutout ceiling appears to remain. The ceiling has been removed correctly. The section of floor cant be selected and remains when the visibility of the relevant floor is removed. Actually if I turn off all elements in the projects map the floor section remains. Any ideas how I can remove this 'orphan'.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds