• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with importing a 3d model 28 Mar 2021 12:32 #2882

Thanks for the fast reply, Thomas, it's helpful

Problem with importing a 3d model 28 Mar 2021 12:27 #2881

Hi,

The object loads ok as OBJ file in Visual Building.

If you then save it to your catalogue and it doesn’t appear you probably don’t have sufficient rights on your computer to save files into the default installation folder, which probably is C:\PROGRAM FILES\VISUAL BUILDING\Objects…

You could save it to one of the folder where you should have enough rights, on your desktop for example, and then copy it to the above mentioned catalogue folder.

Apart from that, this object can’t be used in any planning software, at least not with Visual Building. The designer must have been completely crazy.
The object consists of 1 million surfaces, what creates another 3 million 2D lines in our 2D views, in each view. Even loading the object in Visual Building takes 6 minutes and overall, such an object would kill your entire planning project.
A first indication is the file size, of about 70 MB….

You should look for reasonable alternatives, this one leads you nowhere.

Regards

Thomas

Problem with importing a 3d model 28 Mar 2021 11:44 #2880

Hello. I'm quite new to this...
I can't import a 3D model into Visual Building Permium, or rather the 3D Object Converter can't see the contents of the 3D file folder. The downloaded file has an obj. extension and then was converted to .wrl file format using an online converter. Where did I make a mistake?
The 3d model is www.artec3d.com/3d-models/classic-side-table
Converter - Cadexchanger
Thanks in advance.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds