• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Complex roofing.... 18 Oct 2014 18:25 #1755

Chris, We are pleased you see a speed improvement by using the v5 64 Bit version. Thankyou for the compliments.

You can at least convey to your structural engingeer your roof style you have in mind.

As I see you originally purchased via Amazon it would also really help if you could also add feedback to Amazon, to counter the invalid comments made by some users (possibly competitors).

Complex roofing.... 18 Oct 2014 17:00 #1754

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Resolved!

I made two changes - upgraded to a 64 bit computer, and re-installed VB v4. The problem disappeared, but the last version stored had a trashed porch - all the components there, but displaced. On advice I upgraded to V5 to take advantage of the 64 bit speed, and the same porch disarray was there, but a super speed increase!

All fixed, and just had a great afternoon making real progress, roofs and everything else behaving perfectly..

On the strength of this, we are now planning not to have professional plans drawn up for Building Regulations, and aim to proceed under a building notice, doing detail drawings on this package as needed (apart from the roof, which a structural engineer will design). Cost? My time only. Saving - £3,550. (!).

Thank you, the VB team.

Complex roofing.... 12 Oct 2014 12:20 #1750

There is nothing wrong with the project, and I suspect nothing likely to be wrong with the installation. Can you check if you can reduce the roof height on a very simple 1 roof project.

Double check you have not set your measurement system to mm and that you are entering m.

You must click Apply AND close the dialog with OK for changes to take affect.

Complex roofing.... 12 Oct 2014 11:54 #1749

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Nope, no luck - I was and am doing exactly as you suggest. This dialogue box element has not worked since I moved the second roof of four on the previous model. I have already quit the program and restarted it. Do I need to re-instail the application do you think, or is there another route?

Thanks,

Chris

Complex roofing.... 12 Oct 2014 11:03 #1748

I checked your model and have no problem reducing the roof height by 0.55m. Enter the value -0.55m, checking that you are using m and not mm, as -0.55 mm will appear that nothing happend. Then press Apply to apply the change. Then repeat for each roof.

Complex roofing.... 12 Oct 2014 10:41 #1747

Chris, Please email your simplified model so I can advise you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds